This is a quick and dirty how-to. Essentially should you need to find the serial number on your Kindle 2, below are the steps.
- Turn on your Kindle 2 and press the [Home] key
- Press the [Menu] key and choose Settings
- Press the following keys in order: 411
- The device info page will display with your serial number
Why would you need the serial number on your Kindle 2? Well for a few reasons.
- In the case of loss or theft, to report it to either the police or your insurance company, you would most definitely need the device serial number
- To file a claim against the warranty
- To register the device online with Amazon
So for all these reasons and more, it’s important to have or at least know how or where to find the serial number on your Kindle 2. It’s as simple as steps 1 through 4 above.
instructions (via E Read Now)